– 12.00 PM – 5.00 PM – For Tourists with FREE Entry
-Jain Dilwara Temple
-Ryali is situated in East Godavari district (Atreyapuram Mandalam) of Andhrapradesh – India. This area is also called Kona Seema, a purely well irrigated area of Andhrapradesh due to many tributories of river Godavari.
Dilwara Jain Temples is one of the finest Jain temple known world over for its extraordinary architecture and marvelous marble stone carvings, some experts also consider it architecturally superior to the Taj Mahal. It seems fairly basic temple from outside but every cloud has a silver lining, the temple interior showcases the extraordinary work of human craftsmanship at its best. These temples were built between 11th to 13th century AD, The beautiful lush green hills surrounding the temple gives a very pleasant feeling. The ornamental details of marble stone carvings is phenomenal and unmatched, The minutely carved ceilings and the pillars are just amazing. All this was done at a time when no transport or roads were available at a height of 1200+ Mtrs in Mount Abu, Huge blocks of marble stones were transported on elephant backs from the Arasoori Hills at Ambaji to this remote hilly region of Mount Abu. Dilwara temples is also a popular Jain pilgrimage attraction.
Dilwara Temple complex consist of five major sections or temples devoted to five jain trithankaras(saints):
Shri Mahaveer Swami Temple – This temple was constructed in 1582 and is devoted to Lord Mahaveer the 24th Tirthankara of Jain’s, this temple is relatively small the temple’s upper walls have pictures of the porch painted by craftsmen of sirohi in year 1764.
Shri AdiNath Temple or Vimal Vasahi Temple – This temple is build by Vimal Shah, Minister of Solanika ruler of Gujarat in 1031 A.D., this temple is the oldest of all and dedicated to Shri Adinath Ji – The first jain trithankar, the temple has an open courtyard surrounded by corridors all beautifully decorated with marble carved stones. Cells inside this temple are contain tiny images of Jain saints artistically carved on marble stone minutely. The internal dome is aesthetically decorated with design’s of flowers and petals, the huge hall of the temple pillars decorated with the carving work of female figures playing musical instruments. The temple also have the “Guda Mandapa” – A simple hall decorated with the images of Shri Adi Nath.
Shri ParshavNath Temple or Khartar Vasahi Temple – This temple was built by Mandika clan between 1458-59 A.D., this temple has the tallest shrine along with four big Mandapa’s amongst all dilwara temples. The carving on the pillars of this temple is yet another example of these jain temples architectural superiority.
Shri Rishabdaoji Temple or Peethalhar Temple – This temple is known as Pittalhari/Peethalhar temple because in this temple most of the statues are built using ‘Pittal’ (Brass Metal). This temple was built by Bhima Shah, a minister from Gujarat dynasty, like other temples of Dilwara this temple is also having Gudu Mandapa and Navchowki.
Shri NemiNathJi Temple or Luna Vasahi Temple – This temple was built in 1230 A.D. by two brothers known as Tejpal and Vastupal, they dedicated this temple to the 22nd saint of Jainism – Shri Nemi Nathji. This temple has one hall named Rag Mandapa which has three hundred and sixty (360) tiny idols of Jain trithankar all minutely crafted on marble proving once again why these jain marble temples of Dilwara are superior to Taj Mahal, Among all these white marble idols the idol of Shri Neminath Ji is made up of black marble.The pillars of this temple were built by Maharana Kumbha of Mewar.